Friday, October 06, 2006

Look what I won...

...at the BAFAB event hosted by booklogged at "A Reader's Journal" - it's Kiran Desai's "The Inheritance of Loss"!


Every participant of the BAFAB event had their own way of celebrating it: Booklogged asked us to name a book we would like to win and she conducted a draw. There was supposed to be just one winner, but the generous person that she is, she pulled three names and I happened to one of the lucky ones, thank you Booklogged!!!

Kiran Desai will be reading at the International Festival of Authors in Toronto later this month and I have tickets - so, ofcourse, I am going to ask her to sign my wonderful prize - what a treat!

Thanks again to booklogged and to all the other booklovers hosting the event. Congratulations to all the other winners,too!

14 comments:

J said...

What a great prize! Congratulations!

Lotus Reads said...

Thanks, J, I love the event - I'd love to be one of the participants the next time the event comes around.

Booklogged said...

Oh, Lotus, I hope the book gets to you in time. I ordered it today from amazon.com, but I forgot to change the shipping address from mine to yours. As soon as it shows up here, I'll get it off. Keep your fingers crossed.

Lotus Reads said...

Hi, booklogged!

The thrill was in winning the book - it doesn't matter if it doesn't get here on time, please don't rush. I just thought winning the book and having Desai read in my city was a happy coincidence! :)

Les said...

Yay you! Congrats on your win. :)

Bookfool said...

Hot dog! Congratulations! I'm so excited that I know one of the winners - I'm thrilled for you!

Lotus Reads said...

Thank you, Les and Bookfool! This is such a wonderful event, isn't it?

Joy said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats to you! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! It would be great to meet the author like you are going to! How often does that happen! I switched the email notification for my blog to Feedster. It is suppose to switch you automatically. You might want to check. I'll put a test message on today.

nomadica said...

Congratulations on your win...a book coming your way in the mail, especially a good one, is always so exciting!
I've heard good stuff about The Inheritance of Loss. In fact I already have it but am waiting to finish reading my current stuff first!

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Congratulations, Lotus & enjoy that grand feeling of being at a Desai event.

Lotus Reads said...

Thanks, everyone - so appreciate it! Will definitely share my obervations on the book after I read it.

Joy said...

And now she's the winner of the Man Booker Prize for Fiction! Woo Hoo!

Lotus Reads said...

Yes, true, Joy, this is soooo exciting!!! :)